Lamb, Apricot and Sweet Potato Tagine. Add the onions and apricots, olives, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet potato and chicken stock. Stir well and cover with the lid. This recipe is based on one of my favourite lamb tagine recipes.
This hearty vegetarian (and vegan) dish is jam packed with warm flavors! It is gluten-free, dairy-free, full of plant-based protein, and is pleasing for the whole family!. Heat the oil in a large, deep pan. You can cook Lamb, Apricot and Sweet Potato Tagine using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb, Apricot and Sweet Potato Tagine
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic diced.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Ras El Hanout paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 700 g of diced lamb.
- You need 4 of sweet potato peeled and diced.
- You need 200 g of soft dried apricot.
- You need 400 g of chopped tomato.
- It’s 500 ml of lamb stock.
- You need of Zest lemon.
- You need of Chopped coriander.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Cous cous.
- Prepare of Natural yoghurt.
Stir in the ginger, add the meat in batches, then fry on all sides until lightly coloured. Transfer lamb to a clean plate and add any meat from lamb bones, discarding bones. Add carrots and sweet potato to pot, then simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are barely. This easy recipe for lamb and potato stew (called a tagine) is a popular family meal in Morocco and is traditionally cooked in a tagine (a ceramic or clay vessel by the same name).
Lamb, Apricot and Sweet Potato Tagine step by step
- Heat oil and add onion until softened then add garlic and spices.
- Add lamb, sweet potato, chopped tomato, stock, seasoning and bring to boil and transfer to oven for 1 hour covered.
- Stir, Add chick peas and return to oven for 45mins uncovered.
- Add lemon zest, chopped coriander and serve with Cous Cous and natural yoghurt.
Pour the saffron mix and the remaining water to the tagine. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add in the sweet potato and chickpeas. The lamb and apricot in a tagine sounds heavenly. It's something that's growing on me.