Moroccon lamb tagine. This authentic lamb tagine recipe will take you to slow-cooked perfection in six simple steps – just kick back and let it do its thing. This is a traditional Moroccan lamb tagine simmered in numerous spices. Don't let the long ingredients list put you off.
I guarantee will fall in love with the tender slow-cooked lamb in its gently spiced aromatic sauce. Lamb Tagine from Delish.com is a well-spiced Moroccan delight. Don't write off making a tagine if you don't own a tagine pot. You can have Moroccon lamb tagine using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccon lamb tagine
- It’s 10-15 of Chunks of Lamb shoulder.
- It’s 10 of medium sized tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of large capsicum diced.
- Prepare to taste of Scotch Bonnet.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 piece of fresh ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder/paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika(busashe tattase).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (masoro).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered clove or 2 pieces whole (kanunfari).
- It’s 1 tsp of tumeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Nigerian curry powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon powder (ESSENTIAL).
- You need 1/2 cup of sultanas/raisings.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive/veg oil.
- It’s 6 of Baby carrots.
We made ours in a Dutch oven and it comes out perfectly! Moroccan Lamb Tagine Recipe (Mrouzia) – Tajine de Viande – TASTY RECIPE طاجين – How to make Moroccan Lamb Tagine Try this Mouth Watering Moroccan Lamb. This sweet and spicy Moroccan tagine recipe is traditionally prepared with lamb following Eid Al Adha, or Eid Al Kabir. Moroccan Lamb Tagine With Raisins, Almonds, and Honey.
Moroccon lamb tagine step by step
- First, put together the paprika,ginger powder/paste,tumeric powder,cinnamon powder,black pepper,cloves and curry powder. Toss together and set aside in a refrigerator to marinate overnight or atleast 4hrs.
- When ready to cook, remove the marinade and allow 30mins to get back to room temperature, then put half the oil in a heavy bottom pan and brown the lamb cubes really well but carefully to avoid it burning. When well browned pour on a separate container and set aside.
- Now Put the remaining half oil in the pan, add the diced onion and garlic paste and sautè for 2mins on medium heat..
- Add the diced capsium and all other ingredients now and simmer for 5 mins..
- Its time to Add the browned lamb to the sauce. Stir gently after adding the lamb and set on a medium to low heat,let it simmer until the lamb is well cooked and the water has dried up..
- Boil the carrots and add to the Tagine (if you don't have baby carrots you can use normal carrots, just cut them into bit sized chunks).
- Serve with cous cous or Rice.
This Moroccan lamb tagine recipe is inspired by the classic flavours of North Africa, served with toasted couscous. See more Lamb recipes at Tesco Real Food. Put the lamb tagine into a separate warmed dish and scatter over the toasted almonds and coriander leaves. Place the Greek yoghurt in a bowl with a spoon so that guests can help themselves. Moroccan Lamb Tagine from Barefoot Contessa.