Acorn Squash & Basil Soup. Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. They should also not have any soft spots, but should be quite firm. Fun fact about acorn squash – acorn squash is a winter squash.
The squash (Cucurbita) genus is a diverse family of vegetables that are used for human and livestock consumption. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the easiest acorn squash recipes you can make! Squash is one of those ingredients where you don't. You can have Acorn Squash & Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash & Basil Soup
- It’s 1 of acorn squash.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of butter, or vegan butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream, or coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 of chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste.
Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a chef's knife to cut this squash in half, or at least another heavy-duty knife that has some real heft to it. Acorn squash is a great source of vitamin C, which is one of the best ways to boost your immune system. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, stimulates the production of white blood cells, which. Acorn squash (Cucurbita pepo), while typically considered a winter squash, is part of the same species as summer squash (zucchini and crookneck squash).
Acorn Squash & Basil Soup instructions
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves.
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender..
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender..
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings..
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!.
Although considered a winter squash, the acorn squash is from the same family as summer squash, which includes zucchini. It is a botanical fruit which is treated as a culinary vegetable. Roasted acorn squash is so easy to make and is a great fall side or even dessert. When it comes to winter squash we usually focus on butternut squash and pumpkin. Growing up the only winter squash my dad ever made was acorn squash.