Mashed Garden egg sauce and Plantain. Garden egg fruit is beneficial and nourishing to the body because it is rich in vitamin which provides the body with both soluble vitamin and water soluble *. Serve the boiled unripe plantain with the garden egg sauce. You will fall in love with this sauce after an attempt.
It can also be used for Boiled Plantain and Boiled Before you cook Garden Egg Sauce. Rinse the garden eggs very well and remove the stalk. Pour into a sieve with a wire mesh or any other rough sieve and mash it up. You can have Mashed Garden egg sauce and Plantain using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed Garden egg sauce and Plantain
- You need of Yam or unripe plantain.
- It’s of Palm oil or vegetable oil.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Dry prawns.
- It’s of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Dry cat fish(optional).
- Prepare of Blended crayfish.
- Prepare slice of Onion.
- Prepare of Bonga fish pieced.
- It’s of Garden eggs softened and mashed roughly.
- Prepare of Cooked and fried meat(optional).
- You need of Red bonnet peppers sliced.
Garden Egg Stew (also known as aubergine stew or Nigerian eggplant sauce) is one of those delicious recipes I remember eating back at home with boiled yam Once the garden eggs/eggplants are fork tender, drain them, and mash them with a potato masher or a fork. They should be the consistency of. Peel the garden eggs skin by gently pulling on the thin white coating (cut and remove the seeds in the center if you prefer). Roughly chop up the peeled Finally decided to comment today.
Mashed Garden egg sauce and Plantain instructions
- Cook the yam or plantain in a pot with water. You can wash the garden eggs and add it to the yam or plantain to soften. Or boil differently to soften..
- Check if the garden eggs are soft enough to mash easily with a cooking spoon. Remove from heat and mash. Set aside.
- When the yam is done, drop from heat and place a clean frying pan on heat. Add vegetable oil to heat up..
- Sauté onions in the oil, add seasoning cubes, add the mashed garden eggs, sliced peppers, blended crayfish, prawns and other available fish or fried meat if using..
- Stir to combine thoroughly Allow to cook on low heat for about 5-10minutes. Taste for salt. Drop from heat….
Will try the garden egg sauce. I love the presentation of your yam and plantain. Please what can i use to get. Note: You can pour hot water on the garden egg then allow to get cold then remove the skin & seeds if you want & Mash the garden eggs instead of using sliced garden eggs. Garden Egg Sauce and Plantain for the win#staysafe#stayhome#stayhealthy#.