Smoked tri tip. This Smoky Grilled Tri Tip is first smoked for about an hour then seared over a super hot grill. The goal of this reverse-sear method is to first infuse the wonderful smoky flavor into the meat while. Think you couldn't possibly love steak anymore?
The really awesome thing is that cooking steaks or even lean. Smoked Tri Tip is an easy, quick, and affordable alternative to brisket. Learn the secrets for perfect Smoked Tri Tip Recipe from a professional BBQ caterer. You can cook Smoked tri tip using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked tri tip
- It’s 4 lbs of tri tip.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- You need 3 tablespoons of onion powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper.
We've said it once, and we'll say it again. Tri-tip is a quality cut of meat with the big, bold, juicy flavor of grilled steaks-what better way to enjoy it this summer than making a Smoked Tri-Tip in the backyard? Fire up that smoker-you know you. The simplest and tastiest method for smoking Tri Tip that comes out delicious and juicy.
Smoked tri tip step by step
- Baste tri tip with olive oil. Mix all dry ingredients then rub into meat and let set for 1 hour..
- Get smoker to temperature of 225 and cook for 2 hours..
- Once off grill, wrap with foil and let rest for 10 minutes..
Check out the full video description below for more information. Choose well-trimmed, USDA Choice tri-tip roasts. Season with a simple salt, garlic, and pepper rub shortly before cooking. Use oak smoke wood for authentic flavor. We love Smoked Tri-Tip around the Pacific Northwest!