Hungarian Mushroom Soup. This creamy mushroom soup is seasoned generously with dill, paprika, parsley, and lemon juice. In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend.
Here is a heavily Hungarian-influenced mushroom soup that we're sure you're going to love. Onions and cremini mushrooms are caramelized in butter. A separate rich roux is made with butter and flour. You can have Hungarian Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Olive Oil or Vegan Butter.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion.
- You need 1 lb of cremini mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 TBS of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of Paprika.
- You need 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of veggie broth.
- It’s 2 TBSP of fresh Dill.
- It’s to taste of salt peper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti).
- You need 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- It’s of (more dill and sour cream for garnish).
I've put my own spin on it, of course. As I've said before, I LOVE mushrooms, so here is another great recipe using them. Make this with a variety of mushrooms,and hot paprika, or smoked paprika, very nice. This is from Marie on another.
Hungarian Mushroom Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high and add the mushrooms and onions. (about 5 minutes for the liquid to absorb).
- Add the flour and paprika to create a rue (let cook for about 2-3 minutes).
- Add broth, almond milk, dill, salt and pepper and turn heat to low. (let simmer for 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat add sour cream and soy sauce..
- Garnish with extra sour cream and dill..
What makes this Hungarian Mushroom Soup so unique? Chunks of mushrooms, with authentic Hungarian paprika, it's creamy texture and a lot of fresh dills. You can make it mild with just sweet. You'd think you were eating at a fine restaurant when you taste this cream soup. Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home.