You can cook Easy Baklava using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Baklava
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of pistachio.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need of Pastry.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 packages of phyllo dough sheets (fillo).
- It’s of Syrup.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
Easy Baklava step by step
- Thaw phyllo dough according to directions on package..
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, combine all the filling ingredients and pulse a few times to mix the nuts as well as grind them down into pieces..
- On low heat, melt your butter in a sauce pan. Open the phyllo dough and lay out flat. Trim the sheets of dough to fit a 9"x3" baking pan (casserole dish). Split the dough into four equal stacks. They dont have to be perfect numbers..
- Lay first stack of dough into pan. Next sprinkle some of the filling on top. Repeat this step two more times. Lastly, add the final layer of dough on top. Feel free to do as many layers as you like and any thickness you like..
- Cut the pastry into 24 squares. Remove foamy white part from melted butter. Pour melted butter over all the pastry evenly..
- Bake pastry for 40 minutes..
- Remove from oven and allow time to cool off and become crispy..
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan on medium high heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir and ensure all sugar is dissolved. Add honey and bring back to a boil then lower to simmer for ten minutes..
- Once pastry has cooled off, pour syrup over all the pastry evenly..
- Allow the pastry time to rest up to as many as 15 hours in order to enjoy the baklava at its finest..