Salchichon (smoked sausage) and Beef. Salchichón is Spanish dry sausage made usually from pork. Because Lugo is a province in Galicia, the sausage might as well be called Salchichón Gallego. Salchichón de Lugo is made with white and black pepper, the sausage is dried, but not smoked.
Technically speaking, salchichón may be considered to be the Spanish equivalent of Italian salami. Smoked sausage really has the perfect smoky flavor and I'm weird but I love that some of them have a natural casing on it. The smokiness and the sweet bite from the bell peppers make this smoked sausage and peppers with rice dish a perfect weeknight meal when you've got other things to worry. You can cook Salchichon (smoked sausage) and Beef using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salchichon (smoked sausage) and Beef
- It’s 2 links of smoked sausage/turkey.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1-2 of potatoes (your choice).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of garlic gloves.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1-2 of Bell pepper (your choice).
- You need 1-2 of jalapeños (your choice).
- You need of Oil.
Salchichón is a Spanish summer sausage that is made by smoking, drying, cooking or some combination. It is made with pork, although some recipes use other meats including ox, veal or horse. The meat and fat are chopped in thin bits, seasoned with salt, pepper, nutmeg, oregano. (This article is based on an article in the Spanish language Wikipedia.) The salchichón is a type of sausage made with cured meat: mostly lean pork and some bacon, seasoned with salt and some spices such as pepper, nutmeg, cloves, and coriander. The Best Smoked Beef Sausage Recipes on Yummly
Salchichon (smoked sausage) and Beef instructions
- Cut garlic into small cube pieces, onion and bell peppers into strips, and jalapeño(s) into rings.
- Cut smoked sausage diagonally into "coins" (or round slices).
- Cut potatoes 1/2 in pieces.
- Semi-cook potatoes, (not too soft just crisp, they'll finish cooking later) in about 3 tbls oil over medium/high heat, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (set aside).
- Brown beef and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (about 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper and garlic powder).
- Once beef is browned, remove excess liquid/fat and place in a separate dish and set pan aside.
- Use the same pan, add 2 tbls oil and cook sausage (until brown, turning occasionally).
- Add browned beef, onions and garlic.
- Once onion is "clear," add peppers and semi-cooked potatoes.
- Lower heat and cover pan with aluminum (to avoid air coming in) and top.
- Cook over low heat for 10 mins (or until potatoes are soft).
Harvest Stew With Smoked Sausage, Beef And Bacon Smoked Sausage With Sun Dried Tomatoes And Mushrooms, Spicy Sausage Packet. An extensive list of recipes using smoked sausage, including images, a list of ingredients, and step by step instructions for preparation. Add the slice smoked sausage and onions. Salchichon – sausage, which is a great delicacy. It can not only be cut into a festive table.