Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato. Lamb Chops Rubbed with Ras El HanoutSerious Eats. Season liberally with salt, olive oil and ras el hanout. Place the sliced onions on the base of the Add the dried fruit, olives and preserved lemon over the top of the lamb and close the lid to the tajine.
Rub the lamb chops with Ras El Hanout. Remove the lamb chops and from the bag. Reserve the prunes and cooking liquid. You can have Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Ras el hanout.
- You need 3 of lamb chops bone in or out.
Pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels. These goat chops are spiced with Ras el Hanout, for a traditional Moroccan taste experience. Ras el Hanout is a mix from North Africa. Add a pat of butter on top.
Smoked Lamb Chops Ras el hanout, topped with Garda Stagionato instructions
- I basically marinated these boneless lamb chops with a tsp of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of olive oil and a around about generous measuring (2 to 3 tsp) of Ras el hanout for about a hour. Because I was lazy…Believe me, this can be modified and given more respect and time but I was simply too tired to really give it "The Business" like I normally execute. This here is the latch key kid approach..
- Whilst the lamb was marinating, I decided to cut and render Shallots in housemade garlic oil at a low heat with a splash of white balsamic vinegar..
- After a hour of the lamb marinating, I put them on a nice hot preheated grill. I grilled them about three minutes on each side (I ♡ it, grilled to perfection) and sprinkled more Ras el hanout on them, just because…It's Ras el hanout, people!?!.
- After these were grilled to my liking, I paired it with my leftovers of coconut rhee chun rice and a coulis I prepared with shallot, roasted red pepper and lemongrass, then crowned it with some Garda Stagionato cheese and called it a day….
- It was a success….
I used half the ras el-hanout (and used a prepared version from Fairway). Ras el hanout is a spice blend most commonly found in Moroccan cuisine. In this recipe, the spice mix is used to season lamb steaks for extra flavour and served on a bed of roasted vegetables and chickpeas. You can substitute morrocan spice blends as well. Brown lamb shanks and remove from pan.