Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens.
You can have Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens
- You need 6 of Cornish Game Hens.
- Prepare 8 TBS of McCormick Bruschetta Sweet Basil & Oregano Seasoning.
- You need 6 TBS of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 gallon of Bottled Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Apple wood for smoking.
Applewood Smoked Cornish Hens step by step
- Make the brine: Mix kosher salt and water, let dissolve completely. It could take an hour or more. You can also add in some seasoning if you want to, anything you put in the brine will adhere to the meat..
- Place game hens and brine in brine bag and place in fridge for 2 to 3 hours..
- Remove hens from brine and rinse thoroughly..
- Spatchcock the hens, remove the back bone and butterfly. (You can google how to do this).
- Cover each hen with 1 TBS of olive oil..
- Use at least 1 TBS of seasoning on each hen (this depends on your flavor palate and how much seasoning you like).
- Place hens breast up on your grill/smoker and smoke until internal temp reaches 165 degrees. I use an igrill so I do not have to open the lid until they are complete..