Baklava. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. Tahinli Cevizli Kuru Baklava Tarifi – Hazır Yufkayla Rulo Baklava Kurabiyesi.
It is made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios, and sweetened with syrup or honey. Baklava uses phyllo dough stacked with honey and nuts to make a sweet Mediterranean dessert that everyone will love. Make sauce while baklava is baking. You can cook Baklava using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baklava
- You need 1 packages of Phyllo dough (comes with 2 rolls).
- Prepare 4 cup of Pecans or Walnuts (I use pecans).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 stick of Butter (melted).
- It’s 2 cup of Honey (16oz).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of American Honey whiskey (optional).
- You need 1 stick of Butter (for sauce).
Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Its supposed origins are My first time I just made a mess of dried out phyllo and butter and the baklava tasted wonderful regardless. Easy baklava recipe made with layers of honey-soaked New to making baklava from scratch?
Baklava step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Unroll the phyllo dough and place a moist kitchen towel over the sheets. Do NOT let the dough d.
- Generously butter your choice of baking pan. If the phyllo dough is a lot larger trim the dough with kitchen scissors. You will always be using 2 phyllo sheets at a time..
- Melt butter (1 1/2 sticks).
- Mix nuts and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pick up 2 phyllo sheets and place into the buttered baking dish.
- Using a basting brush, brush melted butter onto the phyllo sheets you placed in the baking dish.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 three more times.
- Sprinkle nuts on top of the buttered phyllo. (A single layer that covers the dough).
- Pick up 2 phyllo sheets and place on top the nuts, butter, add nuts.
- Repeat until you run out of nuts (approx 4 more times).
- Now begin layering and buttering just the phyllo dough like in steps 5 & 6. Repeat 4-5x.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into squares and then into a diamond pattern. Place in the oven for 30-40 min or when the baklava is a deep golden brown..
- In a saucepan melt 1 stick of butter, water, sugar, honey, vanilla, whiskey (optional). Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove baklava from the oven and slowly pour 1/2 the sauce over the golden baklava. Once absorbed, pour the remaining sauce..
- Allow the baklava to cool uncovered for serval hours. It tastes better with time. Note: It can get soggy if covered..
This easy step-by-step tutorial and expert tips will help you make the BEST honey baklava every single time! This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet. It's basically a party in your mouth. I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the BEST baklava recipe I have ever tried. The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make!