Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon.
You can have Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Prepare 4 strips of Applewood smoked bacon- diced before cooking (any bacon will work).
- You need 2 ounces of oil.
- It’s 8 Ounces of mushroom — sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of of sweet onion — diced.
- Prepare 2 of each shallots — finely chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 16 ounces of half and half.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Cream of Mushroom Soup with Parmesan Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon instructions
- In a sauce pan slowly brown off the bacon, remove bacon from the pan and reserve for later. Leave the bacon fat on the bottom for the next step..
- Add the oil, garlic, onions, shallots mushrooms and celery and cook until lightly caramelized about 5 minutes. do not burn :).
- Sprinkle all of the flour over the vegetable and stir about 1 minute, this is making a compound roux..
- Slowly add the chicken stock and half and half, then add the black pepper, sage, and fennel seed..
- Bring to a boil and then lightly simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stir as needed not to burn.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper..
- Add the Parmesan cheese and bacon bits and mix together just before service..