Lamb Fesenjan- Lamb with Pomegranate Walnut Sauce.
You can cook Lamb Fesenjan- Lamb with Pomegranate Walnut Sauce using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb Fesenjan- Lamb with Pomegranate Walnut Sauce
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, Sliced.
- Prepare 2 lb of Lamb, cut into 1" cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of Pomegranate Syrup.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh whole pomegranate seeds.
- It’s 2 cup of Walnuts, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of plus 1 teaspoon sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamon, ground.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
Lamb Fesenjan- Lamb with Pomegranate Walnut Sauce instructions
- Simmer on low and allow to cook for about 25 minutes..
- In large frying pan, saute onions in olive oil. Once onions begin to brown add lamb cubes..
- In the meantime, prepare pomegranate sauce by combining chicken stock, pomegranate syrup, walnuts, and sugar in saucepan over low heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Once lamb is done simmering, drain fat and juices. Add spices and mix well. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes..
- Cut pomegranate into quartered pieces. Submerge each piece in a bowl of cool water and dislodge seeds by hand. The seeds will fall to bottom, and the skins will float. Skim the skin from the surface and strain the water..
- Add pomegranate sauce and fresh pomegranate seeds allow to cook on low for about 10 minutes..
- Serve immediately with brown rice. Sprinkle toasted walnuts on top for garnish..
- Enjoy! Recipe adapted from about.com Middle Eastern Recipes.