Authentic Italian Meatballs. Meatball recipes are often challenged by chefs who claim, "Mine are the best!" Even though my meatballs ARE the. The following recipe uses the traditional mix of two meats, in this case pork and beef. Learn to make your own meatballs from scratch!
Mine are about the size of the extra large eggs I used My Italian Grandmother used to tell me that this was very important. Grandma's Italian meatball recipe is the ultimate comfort food dish to share! Tender and juicy meatballs are simmered in a simple yet rich tomato sauce and placed over spaghetti noodles or the. You can cook Authentic Italian Meatballs using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Italian Meatballs
- Prepare of For the Meatballs:.
- You need 250 of veal mince (if you can't find, replace with beef mince).
- Prepare 250 of beef mince.
- It’s 500 g of pork mince.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs (about 4 slices of bread should do it, no crusts).
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of extra-large egg.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 125 ml of red wine – something good, like Chianti.
- You need 750 g of canned crushed or chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of ground black pepper.
- You need of For Serving:.
- It’s of Fresh spaghetti!.
My great-grandmother started this easy meatball recipe with our family. We use ground beef and turkey for these meatballs, and the flavor's so good. Authentic Italian-American-style Sunday meatball recipe just like your Italian grandma would If you're looking for an authentic Italian-American meatball recipe, these juicy beef and pork. Italians in Italy really don't do the whole "spaghetti and meatballs" thing-and if they do, the meatball is huge and served as a second dish after the pasta.
Authentic Italian Meatballs instructions
- Place all the ingredients for the meatballs in a bowl. Mix together with your hands until fully combined. Create 2 inch meatballs – you should have around 20..
- Pour vegetable and olive oil into a large saucepan/skillet. When the oil is hot enough, brown the meatballs on all sides. This will need to be done in batches – give the meatballs enough room in the pan. It should take about 10 minutes per batch. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through, just brown them nicely. Remove from the pan and put on the side..
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in the same pan you browned the meatballs in. Add the onion and saute for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up the brown bites from the meatballs off the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine evaporates, about 3 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together..
- Return the meatballs to sauce, cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 25 to 30 minutes. Let the meatballs cook all the way through..
- Serve on some hot spaghetti, and be sure to sprinkle on parmesan!.
Beef, black pepper, garlic, parsley leaves, bread crumbs, onions, eggs, salt, parmesan cheese. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands making sure everything is well mixed. Form into meatballs and fry in a large skillet with about ½ cup olive oil over medium high heat. Loaded with Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and garlic. They melt in your mouth and are incredibly tender.