Mash Potato Cakes. Mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl until batter consistency. This recipe for Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes is the perfect use for leftover mashed potatoes! Everyone raves about these potato pancakes and beg for more!
These lovely Cheesy Mashed Potato Cakes that are soft from the inside, but golden and crispy from the outside! These ham mashed potato cakes are the most amazing way to use leftover mashed potatoes. They are incredibly cheesy and make for a delicious snack or appetizer! You can cook Mash Potato Cakes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mash Potato Cakes
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of medium green onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare of Vegan? Sub butter and eggs for flour and oil!.
Who has ever had a too much. These Parmesan Mashed Potato Cakes are so addictive! A crunchy, cheesy crust is hiding the soft, velvety mashed potato filling. They make a perfect side dish or a filling vegetarian meal.
Mash Potato Cakes instructions
- Over medium heat cook the garlic and green onion until translucent.
- Add to the potato and add melted butter.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the potato mixture and form it into a ball. Place it into a hot pan, flattening it out until it about 1/2 – 1/3" thick..
- Fry for about 3 min on each side until they are lightly golden brown..
- For best result, serve immidiatly, while hot and crispy..
- Top with green onions, sour cream or ketchup..
Making potato cakes requires mixing the mashed potatoes with the ground pork and rolling them into the desired shape. If there is too much moisture in the mashed potatoes, it will lead to difficulties in. Mashed sweet potato cakes tend to be a lot more delicate than normal mashed potato cakes. When flipping them, do so gently or they may break apart on you. Also, I always make these with.