Avocado, broiled. In this avocado side-dish recipe, zesty avocado halves are topped with melted Cheddar cheese and broiled until golden brown. You can serve these healthy avocado halves as a side dish with grilled. Cut avocado in half and remove stone.
For Americans less comfortable with serving raw fish, this broiled preparation makes for less traditional but equally delicious variation. This broiled avocado recipe takes only a few minutes and makes a luscious Paleo snack you can eat any time of the day. Chipotle-Cheddar Broiled Avocado Halves recipe: Try this Chipotle-Cheddar Broiled Avocado Divide among avocado halves. You can cook Avocado, broiled using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Avocado, broiled
- It’s 2 large of avocados, ripe but slightly firm.
- Prepare 1 each of cheese.
- You need 1 of spices of your choice.
Turn on your broiler for this easy, one-pan recipe of sweet summer squash, even sweeter fresh A splash of vinegar keeps the summer squash, corn, and avocado in beautiful sweet-and-sour harmony. Wash Avocado, cut in half, & remove the pit. Place in baking dish, sprinkle with salt, pepper and which ever seasonings you prefer. Broiled Halibut with mango and avocado relish.
Avocado, broiled step by step
- Cut avocado in half by cutting down to pit, rotate fruit around knife until cut ends meet.
- Grab each half and twist to separate halves, 1 should contain the pit.
- Carefully whack pit in center with shape blade of knife, so the blade is embedded about 1/4 inch. Twist knife (like you did the other half before) until the pit pops out. To remove pit from knife, from the dull side of the blade (back) pinch pit so it pops off knife..
- Use a fork to poke a bunch of holes into the flesh of the avocado. Drizzle, spray or brush a little oil on the halfs. I usually use light olive oil, but any should work..
- Put the halfs on a baking sheet. You are better off if they are level and don't rock. If you don't have a rack like here, you can make a little donut from foil to hold them in place..
- Sprinkle spice mix of your choice on the avocado. Here I used a "Mexican blend" but I have used others in the past. A slightly stronger flavor seems to be better do it didn't get lost..
- Cover the halfs with shredded cheese. Cheddar is shown here, but Swiss, Italian blend, all seem to work that melt. This picture shows 2 with spice before cheese, and 2 with cheese before cooing..
- Broil so the top of the avocado is about 3-4 inches from the broiler. In my oven, 3 minutes is perfect. But check after every minute to make sure they don't burn..
Broiling bacon is much quicker than the popular way of frying it, so you should stand close by to pull it out in time. I actually searched social media before making this post if anyone cooks bacon in the oven. Broiled Parmesan Avocado makes a flavorful, healthy, and satisfying breakfast or side dish. This isn't the recipe I used, but it's the same general idea. Prepare the mango and avocado relish by adding all ingredients to a bowl.