Smoked Brisket Flat. Brisket Flats make excellent smoked brisket. In this video I smoke a brisket flat on the Big Green Egg. You want to look for a brisket flat that has a uniform thickness with a good layer of fat on the.
Don't take what you think are the The brisket flat and the point are also separated by a layer of fat. The best briskets are those that. Smoking a brisket is an art. You can have Smoked Brisket Flat using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Brisket Flat
- You need 10 lb of Brisket Flat.
- It’s of LA Preferida Sazon Seasoning.
- You need of Dried whole coriander seeds.
- Prepare of Dehydrated chopped onion.
- It’s of BBQ Rub -used Myron Mixon's "The only barbecue rub you need".
An art that seems super scientific and maybe impossible to master. Being able to smoke a brisket is a skill that is looked up to by all who appreciate great barbecue. Smoked Brisket Flat by itself can be a bit of a challenge to cook. The flat is lean which makes it is easy to dry out; it's a hard working muscle which makes it naturally tough; and then after you cook it.
Smoked Brisket Flat instructions
- Pull the brisket out of the frig and light the charcoal in the smoker. I use an upright barrel smoker with a water pan..
- Lightly coat the brisket on all sides with the sazon seasoning..
- Layer all sides of the brisket with the BBQ rub..
- In a mortar and pestle coarsely grind a 50/50 blend of the coriander and onion..
- Coat all sides of the brisket with the coriander onion mix to give another layer of flavor and help build a beautiful bark..
- When the smoker reaches 250° place the brisket in fat side up. Fat down works just fine too its all personal preference..
- Cook low and slow at 250° until it reaches an internal temp of 200°. Frequently monitor the smoker to control the temp and ensure wood chunks are added as needed. I used a combo of mesquite and pecan..
- Once at 200° internal wrap in foil and let sit for a minimum 1 1/2 hours in a dry cooler..
- Remove from the cooler and slice. Save the juice that collects in the foil to serve along with or over top..
Brisket is one of the best cuts of beef for smoking. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to smoke We'll explore an electric smoker method here, using the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker. The flat end of the brisket should be closer to the smoke stack. Always use a water pan to help Many briskets will sell just the flat or point. Try and get the point as it has more marbling and will.