Sweet Potato and Walnut Casserole.
You can have Sweet Potato and Walnut Casserole using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Walnut Casserole
- It’s 2 can of Yams, drained.
- It’s 1 cup of Walnut pieces, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Mini-marshmallows.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Orange Juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 pinch of allspice.
Sweet Potato and Walnut Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, mix drained yams and butter together with electric mixer on medium, scraping sides regularly, for about three minutes or until creamy/whipped..
- Add seasonings list and mix thoroughly..
- Fold in chopped walnut pieces..
- Spread the mix evenly into a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish..
- Place in the oven and let bake for 20 minutes..
- Pull out casserole and add single layer of mini-marshmallows evenly across the top..
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until marshmallow top starts to brown..
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes to firm up..