Smoked Whole Ribeye.
You can cook Smoked Whole Ribeye using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Whole Ribeye
- You need 12 lb of whole boneless choice ribeye.
- You need of LA Preferida Sazon Seasoning.
- You need of Montreal Seasoning.
- You need of Olive oil.
Smoked Whole Ribeye step by step
- Take the ribeye out of the frig and light the charcoal in the smoker..
- Make the Montreal seasoning. Using your favorite store bought brand is fine I just like to reduce the the amount of black pepper and bump up the coriander a bit..
- Coat the entire ribeye in olive oil..
- Lightly coat all sides with the sazon..
- Cover with the Montreal seasoning. This will give it beautiful flavor and a nice crust..
- Once the smoker hits 275° put the ribeye on. I use an upright barrel smoker with a water pan..
- Cook low for 4ish hours until the internal temp hits 125°. Watch carefully to maintain the temp and add wood chunks as needed. I used pecan wood to not overwhelm with a strong flavor with something like a mesquite..
- Do not let the Internal temp get above 130°.
- Once it hits 125° take off, wrap in foil and stash in a dry cooler for a minimum 1 hour..
- Slice and save all the drippings to serve over the top..