Minty lamb stew with coconut rice. Find out how to make lamb stew with coconut milk, chicken broth and curry with help from an award-winning journalist, foodie and author in this free video clip. Expert: Anupy Singla Filmmaker: Steve Voller. Series Description: Curry is a great ingredient that goes well in a wide variety of different types.
I served this particular coconut lamb curry with steamed broccoli for me and white rice and. For the lamb, place the lamb into a deep roasting tray and spread the masala spice mixture all over. Drizzle with a bit of oil, then cover the tray with Pour the rice and onions into a lidded ovenproof dish. You can have Minty lamb stew with coconut rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minty lamb stew with coconut rice
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of brown rice.
- Prepare 150 g of coconut flakes.
- You need of Lamb stew.
- You need 500 g of uncooked lamb.
- You need 100 g of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of flour.
- It’s 1/2 of mutton stock cube.
- Prepare 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin,paprika,turmeric, six gun spice,steak and chops spice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Bring the coconut milk and milk to the boil in a pan, then remove from the heat and pour over the rice. You can use a leg of lamb or lamb shoulder meat in this recipe. In fact, you can use any cheap cuts of meat that normally require long cooking times. The stew has a lovely, earthy tone with just a touch of spiciness.
Minty lamb stew with coconut rice step by step
- Boil brown rice for 40 minutes or until fully cooked then cool on the side..
- Dust the lamb with plain flour. Then put in a hot pan with olive oil and brown for 5 minutes then add your onion then fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add your spices and tomato paste then mix till fully incorporated.
- Add 1/2 stock cube in a cup of hot water then halve the baby potatoes and mix in the lamb. Allow that to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 5-6 leaves of mint and simmer for an extra 2 minutes.
- Then serve..
It goes perfectly over cooked rice or couscous, or just a side of vegetables. (This will help thicken the stew.) Add coconut milk and stock, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any bits that have formed on the bottom of the pot. All Reviews for Lamb Stew with Green Beans. Reviews for: Photos of Lamb Stew with Green Beans. And I served it over white rice.