Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole.
You can cook Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of beef smoked sausage "rope".
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of small zucchini.
- You need 2 of small to medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushrooms (white button or cremini).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1-1 1/2 tsp of salt (start with 1, adjust to taste).
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole instructions
- Prep: Cut sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then slice to 1/2"thick slices. Clean and quarter mushrooms. Chop onion to 1/2" pieces. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Melt butter in a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients prepped in step 1. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies begin to just soften, stirring often. About 10 minutes..
- Add tomatoes with juices. Use spoon to break up some of the tomato slices into smaller pieces. Stir in water. Simmer 5 more minutes..
- Turn off heat. Combine corn meal and flour in a medium bowl. Add to veggie mixture. Stir to combine. It will look gloppy and pastey. This is good. Lol.
- Press mixture into a greased 9×13" casserole. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy..