Baklava with date filling. Grease a baking dish, layer in phyllo dough and then add in the date-nut mixture. Phyllo dough that's flaky and buttery with crunchy. Baklava is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup, frosting or honey.
It's easy to make, delicious and makes a great tea or coffee companion. Baklava pastry recipe, layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. You can have Baklava with date filling using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baklava with date filling
- You need 16 of phylo pastry sheets.
- It’s 100 gm of melted butter.
- It’s of for the filling:.
- You need 1/2 kg of ripe black dated deseeded and peeled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of for the syrup:.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange flower water.
Its supposed origins are Turkish, dating to the Byzantine Empire (or even further), though many cultures. This classic Baklava recipe is made EASY with step by step pictures. Phyllo dough filled with mixed nuts, its one of the most loved sweets all over the world. Baklava is a traditional pastry made with filo dough filled with dried fruits, covered with a sweet syrup flavored with rose or orange blossom water.
Baklava with date filling step by step
- FOR THE SYRUP: Prepare it one day ahead. Put Water and Sugar on HIGH heat stir well till Sugar dissolves. boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, rose water and orange flower water and boil for 2 more minutes. Cool and refrigerate..
- FOR THE FILLING: In a heavy base pan on very low heat mix prepared dates and Butter. Simmer for about 30 – 40 minutes stiring on and off until dates turn to a dark red colour and all Water evaporates. Set aside. Keep warm..
- ASSEMBLING YOUR DESSERT: Spread one phylo pastry sheet in a buttered baking dish and brush pastry sheet with melted butter. Repeat this process with 8 sheets brushing each sheet with Butter. Spread your warm date filling evenly over the phylo pastry. Spread one phylo pastry sheet over the dates, brush with melted butter. Continue till you finish all the phylo pastry sheets..
- Cut the phylo pastry into squares with a sharp knife. The size of each square is up to you..
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Bake your baklava for 30 minutes. Raise temp to 200*C and bake for 10 more minutes till golden brown..
- Remove HOT baklava from oven and immediately pour COLD refrigerated syrup over baklava. (This is the secret of a crispy baklava.).
- Best eaten same day..
Anyway, as I said earlier, I am. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. If I had to name some of the best desserts of all time, Baklava would be on the list for sure. Shobiyet (Şöbiyet Baklava) is a cream and nuts filled Turkish baklava.