Tomato Basil Insalata over Sliced Broiled Pork Loin and Mashed Potatoes..
You can cook Tomato Basil Insalata over Sliced Broiled Pork Loin and Mashed Potatoes. using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Insalata over Sliced Broiled Pork Loin and Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 large of tomatoes, diced small.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 of handful basil, finely chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, finely minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt (for insalata).
- Prepare 15 of half-inch slices pork loin, seasoned.
- Prepare 10 lb of potatoes, washed and cut into sixths.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt (for potatoes).
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
Tomato Basil Insalata over Sliced Broiled Pork Loin and Mashed Potatoes. instructions
- Boil in a large pan enough water to cover the potatoes, and then add the potatoes..
- Drain the potatoes, and set aside for a moment..
- Add the first six ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, lightly toss to mix, and set aside..
- Season the pork loin, and, by that, I mean salt and pepper (and granulated garlic, if you are like me) them to your liking, and place them into a single layer in a very large flat pan..
- Broil the pork a few minutes on each side, about 6 or 7 minutes per side, I'd say, until the loin is just barely cooked through. You need to keep an eye on it every other minute or so. Set it aside..
- Now add the butter and salt and milk to the potatoes, and mash to a nice consistency. I like little lumps in my mashed potatoes, but to each his or her own..
- OK, plating! One to two half cup plops of mashed potatoes on a plate, depending on whether you have a hunger like a beast, incline slice one of the loins and use your knife to gently lift the whole sliced loin onto the potatoes, add a little liquid from the pan over the loin and potatoes, and then generously adorn the loin with the insalata..
- OK, eating! Get a little bit of the potatoes and the pork and the insalata in every bite. I think it works with either white or red wine..