Slow cooker lamb stew. Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with tender fall apart lamb chunks and hearty vegetables have a rustic flavourful thick broth. This Lamb Stew is definitely going to While Beef Stew is the ultimate stew for the winter, this Lamb Stew is equally delicious. Lamb and vegetables are cooked in the slow cooker.
Classic lamb stew is loaded with hearty, healthy ingredients. This lamb stew recipe is simple (a one-pot Ingredients for Lamb Stew Recipe: This hearty lamb stew is a meal in itself and so satisfying! This is our Slow Cook Lamb Stew Recipe sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb – a hearty family favourite especially in the colder months. You can cook Slow cooker lamb stew using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker lamb stew
- It’s 300 grams of lamb shoulder cut in bite size pieces.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot cubed.
- Prepare 500 grams of potatoes cubed/chopped.
- Prepare 1 dash of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper (I used bristol five blend but any freshly ground black pepper would do).
- You need 1 pints of lamb stock ( mine is from stock cube).
The next day add the lamb and any juices to the pan of a slow cooker. Stir in the onions and slowly add the hot chicken stock, stirring the entire time. Serve stew with the minty yoghurt drizzled over, the extra mint and pomegranate seeds scattered on top and couscous on the side. Slow Cooker Lamb Stew is a classic comfort food made with lamb, potatoes, vegetables, and herbs, all cooked in a rich and thick broth.
Slow cooker lamb stew instructions
- Sautee lamb in a bit of oil until meat sealed. Sprinkle a bit of ground black pepper and cook a further minute.
- Place meat in the Slow cooker and sautee onion and carrots on the oil from cooking the lamb. Let them soften. Once soft add to slow cooker.
- Dice part of the potatoes very finely and add to the Slow cooker along with the lamb stock and cook on slow for 2.5 hours.
- After a couple of hours add the rest of the potatoes in bigger pieces to finish cooking for further 2-3 hours on low..
- Serve with your favourite bread.
How to make Slow Cooker Lamb Stew? Making this recipe is super simple. Add the lamb to the slow cooker along with the salt, pepper, turnip, carrots, onions, and potatoes. Serve over rigatoni or wide noodles, such as pappardelle. A low-and-slow stew might seem like the kind of dinner you have to babysit all day, but making a traditional lamb stew doesn't need to be difficult.