Simple Broiled Steak. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Steak Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! ADDITIONAL ITEMS – Cast Iron Skillet, Spatula or Tongs. Broil steak without cast iron skillet if possible, as accumulated fat close to the heating element can ignite.
The only prep work required is a trip to a good butcher. Your steak will broil to rare perfection in under ten minutes. On Valentine's Day, less time in the kitchen means more time for, umm, other things. You can have Simple Broiled Steak using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Broiled Steak
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
Here's our step-by-step guide to cooking steaks in your broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, and set the broiler insert on top of the broiler pan if using. If you're craving a nice, tender steak but don't have access to a grill, fear not! Broiled steak is just as delicious as its grilled sibling, and you can make it in your oven using little more than a cast iron skillet.
Simple Broiled Steak instructions
- Set broiler to 500°F fahrenheit. (Convection ovens cook much faster! Take this into account when placing meat in oven or you may be eating charcoal!).
- While the broiler is heating, Take beef (new york strip, ribey, ect.) and rub with Vegetable oil..
- Salt and pepper to taste! Don't be scared of adding too much. Worry more on making the coat even..
- Put a skillet on high on stove top. DO NOT USE NONSTICK. We want it to stick. (I use cast iron – works great) you don't have to add any oil to the pan while it heats. There is enough on the meat already..
- Use the skillet to brown the outside of the steak. (The more dark brown the outside the better the flavor) This creates a lot of smoke! Open windows and turn fans on..
- After the steak is brown and broiler is heated, pop it in the oven on a pan and let it be for 2-3 minuets. IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG FOR A MEDIUM RARE STEAK. If you prefer a more well done steak then let it be in for a few minuets longer, adjusting time accordingly..
Let the steak come to room temperature. You can use any kind of steak you want. Put the steak in a food storage bag or bowl with the marinade ingredients and. It's an easy step and it will make a difference in cooking the steak evenly with more predictable results. Cut small slits into the fat side of the steak (opposite of the.