Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread. Cocoa powder and chocolate chips take this banana bread recipe to a whole new level. This easy quick bread is moist, tender, and a chocolate I am super excited to share this Chocolate Banana Bread recipe with you today. One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
This is my all time favorite version and I have tried many over the years. The chocolate put the bread positively off the charts. I have made this several times and it always comes. You can have Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 of over ripe bananas, mashed.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream (or plain full fat yoghurt.
- It’s 2 of eggs (beaten/whisked).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
Banana bread with crunchy bits of walnut and chocolate! Add the bananas and stir until incorporated. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated with a spatula. Pour in the walnuts and chocolate chips and gently fold into mixture.
Chocolate, Walnut Banana Bread step by step
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 Degrees Celsius. Prepare the bread tin by oiling, dusting with flour and lining it with baking paper..
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon..
- Into the mashed bananas, add sugar,the oil and eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract, whisk together until combined..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl, combine well and fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread tin and bake for 60-70 minutes depending on your oven..
- Check at 55 minutes, insert a wooden skewer or knife, if it comes out dry, your banana bread is done. Leave it to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack..
- Once cool yet a bit warm, slice it up and serve slightly warm..
- Allow it to cool down completely before storing the left overs if any😋 in an air tight container..
No one can resist a thick slice of freshly baked banana bread, especially when it's studded with melting chocolate chips and toasty walnuts. It's time to use up those frozen bananas and make the BEST banana bread ever. Walnuts star in this easy-to-make Banana Walnut Bread recipe from Food Network Kitchen. Banana bread is easy to make-just a few simple steps-and irresistible to eat. We recommend making a few extra loaves, wrapping in plastic, and freezing.