Candy coated meringue walnuts. This candied walnuts recipe is lightly sweetened, easy to make, and so irresistibly delicious. Perfect for snacking, adding to salads, giving as gifts — you name it! In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne until combined.
I didn't put the walnuts in because my husband hates walnuts and I also sprinkled candycane on top to decorate the cookies. This recipe for candied walnuts is walnut halves coated in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture and baked to crispy and crunchy perfection. Some candied walnuts have more of a hard sugar glaze on them, but this restaurant used walnuts with a light and crunch coating. You can have Candy coated meringue walnuts using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Candy coated meringue walnuts
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- You need 2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 lb of walnuts (halves or large pieces).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
They're tasty on their own or in dishes like salads, on cakes, or yogurt parfaits. The key to making candy coated walnuts on the stovetop is to be prepared. View top rated candy coated walnuts recipes with ratings and reviews. Maine Potato Candy, Oatmeal And Candy Cookie Pops, Three Easy Chocolate Candies, etc.
Candy coated meringue walnuts step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Melt one stick of butter on a large non stick baking sheet with sides. Sheet needs to be large enough for nuts to be in a single layer.
- Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Fold in brown sugar.
- Gently fold in nuts till coated..
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet..
- Every 15 minutes, flip nuts over. Repeat for 60 to 75 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Butter will eventually absorb and nuts will be coated..
- Allow to cool fully before putting in an airtight container..
Trusted Results with Recipe candy coated walnuts. More Recipes Like Dawn's Candied Walnuts – All Recipes. Around the holidays, candied walnuts make a great party snack. You can make them a day or two ahead, and then just As soon as the walnuts are coated with the sugar mixture, spread them out on the rimmed baking sheet. Use two forks to separate the walnuts from.