Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 900 grams of lamb, diced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of gluten-free / plain flour or as required.
- You need 2 stick of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 can (400 g) of each) plum tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 240 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of greek seasoning from recipe below plus extra to taste.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
Vickys Greek-Style Lamb Stew, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- The greek seasoning recipe in picture below, just mix everything together.
- Toss the lamb in some flour, seasoned with some of the above greek seasoning, shaking off any excess. I use 1 teaspoon seasoning per 4 tablespoons flour as a guide.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large heavy saucepan over a medium-high heat. Brown off the lamb then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan and add in the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Add the garlic and stir in for 1 minute.
- Uncover and let simmer for 30 minutes more. Season to taste adding salt, pepper & additional greek seasoning if required (you could add a handful of pitted olives at this point if you like) and serve with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
- Pour in the stock, chopped plum tomatoes, 2 tsp greek seasoning and oregano. Put the lamb back in the pan. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.