Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots. Honey cake is a simple and fast recipe. Delicious honey cake without rolling the skin. This light and fluffy marvel all but melts in your mouth.
Unmold and let cool completely on a wire rack. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar with the milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the top of the cake. You can cook Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 200 grams of sour cream.
- You need 200 grams of soft butter.
- It’s 1 cup of honey.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 packages of vanilla sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1 cup of dry apricots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisin.
- It’s 12 tbsp of flour.
Top with walnut halves and let dry. This cake is filled with wildflower honey, toasted walnuts, orange zest, and vanilla. Serve it with coffee, as a dessert, or an afternoon snack. Reserve the walnut halves at room temperature to garnish the cake when it is finished.
Honey Cake with Walnuts & dry Apricots instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F with baking pan inside.
- Mix together butter, sour cream, honey, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla sugar, eggs.
- Mix in baking soda with vinegar and pour it in a batter mixture..
- Cut walnuts and dry apricots into small pieces and add everything to the batter mixture.
- Add 12 tbsp of flour with mountain to the mixture. The batter should be thicklike consistency..
- When the batter is ready and oven is preheated, remove baking pan from the oven and apply butter with butter spray all over the pan..
- Then pure batter mixture in the pan and put it in the oven on 40-45 min or untill the top is golden and toothpick inserted in the cake is clean.
Toss the walnuts and cinnamon in a bowl and grate the zest of the orange over them. To serve, set the cake on a baking sheet, brush the top with a little melted butter. Tips for this Pear & Walnut Cake with Honey Buttercream: If you're going to do the poached pears as garnish, do them a day in advance. I used both Anjou and Bartlett pears for this recipe, but any kind of pear is fine. Be sure to toast your walnuts in advance — it gives them more flavour.