Fried plantain and egg. Nice recipe for fried egg and fried plantain lovers, the combination is delicious. Cut off the top and bottom of the plantain. Heat up the sunflower oil in a deep frying pan, ensuring each slice is completely immersed in the oil as they cook.
I eat them as chips, plainly fried, to replace french fries and so many more ways; and this plantain frittata is also another way I use to sneak plantains inside my meals. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. Some people prepare it to accompany every meal while others make it accompany specific meals. You can have Fried plantain and egg using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried plantain and egg
- It’s 4 of fingers of ripe plantain.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of Soya oil.
- Prepare of Green pepper, onion, red pepper (washed and diced).
- It’s of Few pieces of crayfish.
When frying ripe plantains, you are coaxing the sugars to the surface of the plantains. Talk about an easy breakfast recipe and the first thing that comes to mind is my Baked Plantain and Egg Frittata recipe. There are many reasons why I love it but the most important of all is that it is made up of a combination of two of my favourite foods in the world, fried plantain and eggs. Fried Plantains Recipe – Many home cooks will serve their main meal at noon along with a side of rice and fried plantains.
Fried plantain and egg step by step
- Wash and cut plantain.
- Heat oil and fry plantain until golden brown, turn around and repeat process until done.
- Break eggs in a small bowl, add onion, green pepper, red pepper and few pieces of crayfish and beat until fluffy. Place frying pan on heat and add a little oil..
- Pour egg and allow to fry for some minutes then turn around and press the frying spoon on top to make sure it’s dry from inside out to taste.
- Serve fried plantain with fried egg.
Transfer fried plantains to paper towel to drain excess oil. Author: Portia Arthur Source Garnished coconut rice served with fried plantains, peppered fish, turkey and boiled eggs. Coconut rice comes next to jollof rice and fried rice in Nigeria. Coconut rice can be cooked plain or garnished. This plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe.