Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails. Broiled lobster is the perfect simple preparation for lobster tail, and promises to please a crowd by highlighting the natural flavor of the lobster meat. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, carefully cut top side of lobster shells lengthwise.
Pop it under a broiler for a few minutes and Yes, lobster tails need to be cut open for even cooking. You can use a sharp knife, or kitchen shears. Kitchen shears provide the easiest way to cut. You can cook Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails
- Prepare of Seafood.
- It’s 2 of 8 oz Lobster Tails [de-thawed].
- It’s of Lobster Butter Marinade.
- You need 2 stick of Tillamook Salted Butter [melted or, you can clarify].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder – Old Bay Seasoning – Lemon Pepper – White Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need of Lobster Toppers.
- Prepare 1 dash of Paprika – Lemon Pepper – Dried Parsley.
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- You need 1 medium of Broil / Oven Safe Pan.
- Prepare 1 of Meat Thermometer.
- Prepare 1 large of Chefs Sheers.
- It’s 1 of Sharp Knife.
- Prepare 1 of Pair Tongs.
Video tutorial on how to butterfly lobster tails. No need to be intimidated by cooking lobster tails. This is the easiest method ever for perfect, restaurant quality broiled lobster tails at home! _ Broiled Lobster Tail: Decadent sweet lobster meat in a creamy butter sauce with garlic and fresh herbs. This lobster tail recipe lets the natural flavors of the lobster shine through.
Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails instructions
- Turn on and preheat oven broiler. Heat & mix Lobster Butter Marinade..
- Fully de-thaw lobster tails in fridge overnight, in the sink with water or microwave at 30% for a minute or two. Watch tails VERY closely if de-thawing in microwave and make certain they never cook, only de-thaw. After de-thaw, rinse tails under cold water and dab dry..
- Using a large, sharp set of Chefs sheers, carefully cut down the center of the lobster shells without cutting into the lobster itself. Also, do not cut all the way down to the tails. Stop about 1/2" from the base. Rinse any broken shells from your tails and dab dry again..
- Carefully lift the lobster meat upwards, out of its shell and, above the shell without pulling it all the way out. The meat should still be attached at the base but lifted above the shell and resting gently on top. ° With a sharp knife, butterfly [or slit] the lobster meat open but don't cut the lobster meat all the way through. See #2 photo below..
- At this point, know that you can add pre-cooked / microwaved Stove Top Stuffing to the area directly beneath your lifted lobster meat If you choose to do so, pack your precooked stuffing in the base of your shells tightly and high up and bake or broil as listed. My kids always adore that crazy easy option..
- Lightly spray the bottom of an oven safe pan or brush on Butter Marinade and place lobster tails inside. [The tails can dry and stick to the base of pan] Liberally drizzle tails with marinade and then sprinkle lobster meat with Paprika, Lemon Pepper and dried Parsley on top to taste..
- Broil [525°] tails uncovered on the top rack in the oven for approx 5-6 minutes for 8 oz or 10 minutes per pound. You'll know when they're fully cooked as your lobsters internal temperature will be 145°F. ° If choosing to BAKE your tails, heat oven to 425° and bake about 1 minute per ounce as a general rule. An 8 ounce tail should take 7-8 minutes. Quickly drizzle your Butter Marinade on top of tails while they're broiling or baking but make it quick. You won't want to lose any of your ovens heat..
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Be careful not to over cook your tails. Your lobster will be chewy or rubbery if you accidently do. Again, use your thermometer and look for 145° F. Remember, a $2.00 cooking thermometer is definitely worth your investment when serving lobster..
- Melt or clarify additional butter and add to what's left of your lobster marinade for serving if needed. Or, you can melt plain butter without your seasoned marinade. Either way, serve your tails with butter on the side and garnish your plates with fresh parsley and lemon slices..
- See the questions area for directions on grilling your lobster tails. Enjoy!.
Broiled lobster tail is a decadent, impressive, but easy-to-make dinner. The preparation isn't difficult and this meal can be made at home for a fraction of the cost of eating out. OK, Broiled Lobster Tail is not a budget meal. The Best Broiled Lobster Tail quick and easy to make at home and perfect for a romantic dinner. How to prepare,cook, serve lobster tails.