Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs.
You can cook Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs
- Prepare 2 of slabs Beef Ribs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chinese Style Bbq Sauce *see my recipe*.
- You need 4 of BPA free gallon sized bags.
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs step by step
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming up to 165° F.
- Make the Chinese style rib rub. Combine the brown sugar, Chinese five spice, salt and onion powder into a jar and mix together thoroughly..
- Trim the excess fat from the ribs and cut in half..
- Coat ribs with the rub and let rest until the water bath reaches temperature..
- When the water is to temp place the ribs into the bags and submerge into the water..
- I use an oven cooling rack across the top of the bath to clip the top of the bags too to keep the zipper from going into the water. I've never fully trusted them to not leak when counting on them..
- Cover the top with plastic wrap to hold in the heat. The cooling rack helps support this too..
- Let cook in the water bath for 24 hours..
- After the 24 hours place the ribs on a smoker preheated to 250°F. I use pecan wood..
- Let them smoke for 2 hours, then brush with the Chinese style bbq sauce and cook for another hour then sauce again..
- Check after another hour and if to desired doneness remove from heat..
- Let rest for about an hour then grab some napkins and dive in!.