Baklava with Honey and Nuts. Making honey baklava at home may seem like a big undertaking but trust me, it's easier than you think. This fool-proof recipe will have you making Greek baklava like a pro! Baklava is a sweet dessert made of layers of flaky phyllo pastry filled with crushed nuts and sweetened with honey syrup.
Garnish baklava with finely chopped nuts or drizzle with melted chocolate. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. You can cook Baklava with Honey and Nuts using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baklava with Honey and Nuts
- Prepare of filo dough (toko).
- It’s of nuts variaty (whatever you like, just take the unsalted).
- It’s of cinnamon (a table spoon).
- You need of honey (150 ml).
- It’s of butter (200 gr).
- It’s of orange blossem sirup (a teaspoon).
Can you use other nuts in Baklava? Baklava uses phyllo dough stacked with honey and nuts to make a sweet Mediterranean dessert that everyone will love. Make sauce while baklava is baking. Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted.
Baklava with Honey and Nuts step by step
- Take a baking tray (i prefer the 24 cm tray). Cover the bottom with butter so the dough will not stick. Place a sheet of the filo in the tray and cover it with melted butter. Repeat this with 4 other sheets. Add the chopped nuts mixed with cinnamon, spread it over the sheet, then place another sheet over it and cover it with butter. Ad another layer of nuts and do so untill there are no more nuts left..
- Cover white two more butter layered sheets of filo and then place the to sheets over the bottom sheets like a package. Cover with rest of the butter. Then slice the filo dough in diamond pieces. Place in the pre-heated oven, 180 celcius, for about 20 minutes. When ready pour some sirup over the balkava (warm up honey with the orange blossem sirup) and sprinkle some chopped nuts over the baklava..
These easy baked baklava apples are the perfect combination of spices, nuts, honey, and of course apples. These baklava baked apples are heavenly aromatic and tastes very very delicious. Back in the old days Baklava was a food that only rich people can afford. Plan to start the baklava one day in advance because the phyllo dough needs to be defrosted in the refrigerator overnight and the clarified butter should be prepared the night before and refrigerated until you are ready to use it. Greek Baklava is a delicious traditional dessert made of layers of crispy golden brown phyllo, filled with chopped walnuts and garnished with honey syrup.