Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Layer the tomatoes at a slight angle against one another, topping each slice with the bacon-onion mixture. If you love fried green tomatoes but looking for a different approach on preparing these tart beauties. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
I grabbed a shallow bowl & dumped in equal parts flour, Panko bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese. I started out to make fried green tomatoes and took a detour. I remembered how delicious and surprising these parmesan crusted lamb chops Only, I didn't want to fry them; I wanted them oven baked. You can have Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- You need 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- You need 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare of Cooking Oil.
The idea of oven-baked started when one of the lady's who sells tomatoes at the farmer's. Breaded green tomatoes are oven-fried then layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese in this delicious casserole. Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper. Turn those green tomatoes into panko and parmesan fried green tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and basil and finished Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce are crispy and crunchy on the outside just like you find with deep fried green tomatoes.
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears step by step
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Fried green tomatoes are like that. Q: Is 'Fried Green Tomatoes' based on a book? Q: Are Ninny and Idgie Threadgoode the same person? Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a quick and easy recipe to make for dinner. Thin chicken cutlets are breaded in parmesan, egg, and panko bread crumbs, then pan This dish is simply a chicken cutlet that's breaded in parmesan cheese and crispy bread crumbs, and pan fried until crispy and golden.