Smoked Chicken Wings. How Long To Smoke Chicken Wings. You also want to make sure that smoke is pouring out at your desired level. These smoked chicken wings are coated in a sweet and savory spice rub then smoked until tender.
Learn the tips and tricks for crispy skin when cooking smoked buffalo chicken wings low and slow. Dry-rubbed chicken wings are smoked, coated with a buttery hot sauce, and grilled until browned and crispy in this delicious appetizer. Make wing night special by letting your smoked wings smoke for a bit longer, smoked chicken wings will sing with hardwood smoke flavor when they're given a hearty spice rub-down. You can have Smoked Chicken Wings using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken Wings
- Prepare 20 of IQF Chicken Wings.
- You need of AP Rub*.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Salt.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Garlic Granulated.
- You need 1/4 of Pepper.
- You need of Rub Mix*.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Granulated.
- You need 2 tbsp of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare of Sauces*.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- You need of Hot Sauce.
- It’s of Teriyaki Sauce.
Place wings on grill over indirect heat, leaving a small gap between each piece to allow smoke to circulate. Crispy Smoked Chicken Wings – Perfect for Tailgating. When I think of chicken wings, I think of a stadium parking lot full of fans getting ready for a football game. Toss chicken wings and drumettes in Butts To Go Wing Rub until liberally coated.
Smoked Chicken Wings step by step
- 3 days before cooking divide the wing quantity in half to thaw. Put 10 wings per gallon sized bag with 2 tbsp of the AP rub. As the wings thaw the ice will melt and mix with the rub and act as a brine..
- Heat smoker to 275° F. I used a combination of charcoal and pecan wood..
- Pat the wings dry and dust both sides with the rub mix. I didn't use a traditional style BBQ rub or my personal chicken rub mix recipe. I wanted them to have a lighter flavor and less of a bark than a brown sugar based rub gives so the sauces could act as the glaze..
- Let sit for just few minutes with the rub before putting on the smoker..
- Smoke them for 1 hour..
- Put the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl and in another bowl mix 2 parts BBQ sauce and 1 part hot sauce. Let these come to room temperature. I did 10 teriyaki and 10 hot bbq..
- After an hour flip and let cook for another half hour..
- Flip again and sauce. After 10 minutes flip and sauce the other side..
- Let them cook for another 10-15 minutes. The light rub will set and add a slight crispness like if fried. The sauce will be thick and smokey..
Smoked chicken wings have to be one of my favorites and in this article, I show you step by step When the smoked chicken wings are done, get them out quickly and place them into a foil pan or. Smoking chicken wings is very easy and seriously rewarding. The flavour of a smoked wing is so bold, smokey and great for game day snacks and party food. Over the years I have smoked wings. Smoked chicken wings is really easy to prepare.