Smoked Chicken Drumsticks.
You can cook Smoked Chicken Drumsticks using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken Drumsticks
- It’s 1 package of drumsticks (10).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of AP rub.
- It’s of (1 cup salt, 1/2 cup granulated garlic, 1/4 pepper).
- It’s of BBQ Chicken Rub (see my recipe).
- You need of Wing Rub (same rub used on my smoked wings).
- You need of Sauces:.
- You need of Any kind you like, I used a trio of Buffalo, Hot BBQ and Teriyak.
Smoked Chicken Drumsticks instructions
- Put the drumsticks, AP rub and enough water for them to be about half submerged into a zip top bag. Flip the bag every 6-8 hours and let brine at least 24 hours. A large enough vessel to completely submerge all under the water can be used if you have the room..
- After they have brined overnight pat dry and dust with the rub mixes. I did 8 with my chicken bbq rub and 2 with the wing rub for the ones I used the buffalo sauce on..
- When coated on all sides with the rub mix hang on a leg rack and let sit to get the chill off while the smoker comes to between 250°-275°..
- Let them smoke for 1-1/2 hours. Check them to see if a good color and slight crispness is set on the skin and some fat is starting to render out. If the skin is still on the light and rubbery side let them cook for another 15 – 30 minutes..
- Once the skin is dark and and the fat is starting to render coat with sauce and let cook 1/2 hour..
- Sauce again and smoke for another 15 minutes. Then let rest continuing to hang for another 15 minutes..
- Grab a couple to eat now and hold the rest back to store for other meals. If you're planning a party skip the brine but still use the AP rub as a coating before the rub. Then smoke at about 300°-350° and for about an hour less and only saucing once should be enough..