Smoked pork butt. Best Smoked Pork Butt Guide – From the science, cook times, temperatures, methodologies, the Stall, and our favorite rub and sauce recipes. Just throw it on some white bread, sweet Hawaiian buns. The first step to smoking a pork butt is to apply a good quality dry rub.
This smoked pork butt recipe with potatoes and cabbage can easily pass for Eastern European-style corned beef and cabbage with its mixture of sweet and savory flavors. Especially when it comes to smoking pork butt, keeping it simple is always good advice. Malcolm Reed from HowToBBQRight guides you through exactly how to smoke a basic pork butt in this. You can cook Smoked pork butt using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked pork butt
- Prepare 7.5 lb of bone-in pork butt.
- You need of Organic yellow mustard.
- It’s of Apple butter bbq sauce (see recipe in link in step 3).
- You need of Bbq rub (see recipe in link in step 1).
- You need of Red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Apple cider.
After injecting, you are ready to smoke. I use my Big Green Egg for this and I only add one. Full recipe and video tutorial for how to smoke a pork butt and make the ultimate pulled pork sandwiches. A smoked pork butt is probably one of the most delicious pieces of meat you can pull off your I know that making a smoked pork butt has several variables and every one has its unique way to do it, so I.
Smoked pork butt instructions
- Smear all sides of the pork butt with the mustard. Dust the entire pork butt with the bbq rub and let sit for 2 hours out of the refrigerator. You can use your favorite rub mix or use the recipe here. Smoked pork back ribs https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/3402753-smoked-pork-back-ribs.
- Get smoker heating up to 275° I used a combo of pear and pecan wood..
- Make the apple butter bbq sauce, use recipe in link or your preferred. Seared Pork Chops with Apple Butter BBQ Sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/6122946-seared-pork-chops-with-apple-butter-bbq-sauce.
- Mix equal parts apple and red wine vinegar in a spray bottle..
- Place the pork butt in the smoker and let smoke for about 3 hours to get a nice bark on the outside. Spray about every half hour after the 1st hour and a half with the red wine vinegar mixture..
- After 3 hours are up or the pork has a nice bark on it pull off the smoker to wrap in foil. Before closing up the foil dust the top with more bbq rub and spray one more time. Also insert a thermometer into the thickest part at this point too..
- Place back on the smoker and cook until an internal temperature of 198° is reached..
- Once at 198°pull off the smoker and open up the foil to expose the top. Slather a nice coating of the apple butter bbq sauce all over the top and sides. Place back on to the smoker leaving the foil open. Let smoke for 25 more minutes to set the glaze and let the internal temp hit 200°..
- Cover loosely and let sit of at least half an hour..
- The bone will pull out with no resistance. Gently pull apart the meat and remove any stray pieces of fat that didn't completely render..
- Serve on a brioche bun and with homemade coleslaw. Over eating will definitely happen so don't be ashamed :).
Inject a little marinade into the pork butt in numerous places. Place pork in a resealable plastic bag and cover with remaining marinade. Aaron Franklin's Smoked Pork Butt: Barbecued Pork Shoulder Recipe. After three hours, open the smoker and give the pork butt a thorough spritzing of water, beer, or apple cider vinegar to cool off. This delicious recipe yields sweeter smoked pork, but the apple cider vinegar spritz will help to mellow that a A Boston Butt is not really the rear end of a hog, as the name implies.