Smoked Jerk chicken.
You can have Smoked Jerk chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Jerk chicken
- It’s 6 of large garlic cloves.
- It’s of Med white onion coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of scotch bonnets (2 with seeds).
- It’s Bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of badia jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 5-6 of green onions.
- Prepare 5 pound of whole chicken.
Smoked Jerk chicken instructions
- Process all and taste for seasoning and heat.
- Spatchcock the chicken and split into 2 halves.
- Loosen the skin and with a pairing knife poke holes or small slits through out the meat.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade and rub under all the skin and massage it into the meat and let it marinate overnight.
- Pull the chicken out and let sit at room temperature for about an hour. Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe the marinade off the chicken, season the outside lightly with jerk seasoning (I lightly dust with cayenne as well because I like it hot).
- Smoke at 275 for about 2 hours and then turn the heat up to 400 to crisp the skin. I serve it with cilantro yellow rice and beer braised black beans with a cilantro lime chimichurri and mango hot sauce.