Walnut and date loaf. Date and walnut loaf Packed full of naturally sweet, caramelised dates and crunchy walnut pieces, this dense, golden loaf is perfect served toasted with a drizzle of butter for an easy dessert or morning treat. This is an easy recipe to follow and it's great for any occasion. It's a very moist loaf cake, ideally cut into slices and buttered.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into date mixture just until combined. And Date and Walnut Loaf is the the perfect accompaniment to your favourite brew. When it comes to cake loafs, it's no secret I'm a big fan. You can have Walnut and date loaf using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Walnut and date loaf
- You need of dry bowl.
- Prepare 400 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of soda bicarbonate.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 60 grams of chopped walnut.
- You need 60 grams of chopped dates.
- You need 100 grams of sultanas.
- Prepare of wet bowl.
- Prepare 200 grams of caster sugar infused with vanilla pod.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of sized eggs.
- Prepare 300 ml of freshly brewed coffee.
- Prepare of loaf baking tray.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of plain flour.
Whether it's Lemon Drizzle, Golden Syrup Cake, Banana Loaf, Sultana Cake, Gingerbread…we've countless cake loaf recipes here at Baking with Granny. Grease and flour a cylindrical tin. Combine dates, baking soda, vanilla, butter and oil and boiling water in a large bowl. British Date and Walnut Loaf Cake British Date and Walnut Loaf Cake.
Walnut and date loaf instructions
- preheat oven to gas mark 7.
- mix dry bowl ingredients.
- beat eggs and stir into sugar. once mixed add oil..
- make espresso or other coffee of choice.
- mix wet bowl into dry. add 100ml of coffee and slowly mix. add more coffee as needed until you get thick paste like dough.
- oil and flour the loaf trays.
- pour half mixture into each tray.
- bake for 20 mins and then reduce to gas mark 6. bake for about an hour until thoroughly baked.
Home » Recipes » Dish Type » Baked Goods » Breads » Old Fashioned Date Nut Loaf: NOT Carrot Bread's Ugly Sister. Old Fashioned Date Nut Loaf: NOT Carrot Bread's Ugly Sister. Combine the butter, sugar, egg, flour and baking powder in a large bowl and beat until well blended. Place the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and beat well to combine. Add the cooled date mixture, then sift in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and salt.