Fried Potatoes and Smoked Sausage with Bacon. Put a large skillet on the stove on Med High. Put oil in the pan and add the chopped onions and garlic. Fry potatoes with onion preferably in bacon. boiling water with smoked sausage on bottom.
Betty demonstrates how to make Potatoes with Onions and Smoked Sausage. This is a hearty combination that makes almost a full meal. Add potatoes, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring with bacon drippings. You can cook Fried Potatoes and Smoked Sausage with Bacon using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Potatoes and Smoked Sausage with Bacon
- You need 3 of large potatoes sliced thin.
- Prepare 6 strips of bacon.
- It’s 13 oz of package eckrich smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Cover with a lid and cook until potatoes and cabbage are tender, removing the lid to I use turkey smoked sausage instead of bacon. Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage with potatoes and melted cheese served with sour cream and onion. I wanted to try something besides just frying up the sausage and I am glad I did! I have also tried it with tater tots instead of hashbrowns and that is good too!
Fried Potatoes and Smoked Sausage with Bacon instructions
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy..
- Remove bacon, add potatoes and onion to bacon grease. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Cook untill potatoes start to get crispy, stirring occasionally..
- Add smoked sausage to pan and cover, cook a few more minutes. Break bacon up into small pieces and add to skillet..
- Cook 5 – 6 more minutes and serve..
This sausage and potato dinner is easy to make with ingredients you already have in your fridge and pantry. This recipes comes together in one pan for quick Put the sausage slices, onions, and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme. I had every intention of grilling this smoked sausage with potatoes and onions in foil packets on the grill. This Smoked Sausage & Potato Sheet Pan Dinner is an easy weeknight dinner idea that your whole family will enjoy!