Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. Anyway, unlike the aforementioned bread bowl, this sausage and rice stuffed acorn squash recipe is an example of an edible vessel that begs for a detailed The stuffing is very easy, as is the cooking method, but the acorn squash prep does need to be done carefully and with precision. To serve, fill squash halves with sausage mixture. Smoked sausage really has the perfect smoky flavor and I'm weird but I love that some of them have a natural casing on it.
Top with cilantro leaves and tender stems. The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat – from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now. Combine cooked rice, sausage, and vegetable mix in large bowl. You can cook Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of smoked sausage, cubed.
- You need 1/2 of of a large onion, diced.
- You need 3 of small/medium yellow squash, diced.
- It’s 1/2 (1 head) of chopped cabbage.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Good pinch crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 6 of green onions including green part, chopped.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- It’s 3 cups of water or broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Stuff cavities of squash with filling and mound on top to use all filling. Pair this turkey sausage- and brown rice-stuffed squash with a simple green salad for a delicious, satisfying meal. Spoon sausage mixture into squash shells; place in prepared pan. Add smoked sausage slices and cook until smoked sausage is browned.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl step by step
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover..
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions..
Stir in minced garlic, onion, pepper, and broccoli. Add the chicken broth and rice, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. If rice is not tender but no liquid remains, add an additional. Learn how to make a Sausage & RIce Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe!