Smoked bbq baked beans. Easy recipe for Barbecue Baked Beans Smoked right on the BBQ Pit #barbecuebakedbeans #bbqbakedbeans #howtobbqright My mom was always in charge of making the. Make this BBQ baked beans recipe from dried or canned beans. These beans are sweet, smoky, sticky food for the soul and they are surprisingly easy to make!
The BBQ Pit Boys show you how easy it is to do with this recipe. I've loved BBQ baked beans for as long as I can remember. They're equal parts savory and sweet with a little spice. You can have Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- You need 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- Prepare of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- You need of Favorite bbq sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Brown sugar.
- It’s to taste of Yellow mustard.
- You need Half of a red onion diced.
- Prepare of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- It’s to taste of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- It’s of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- Prepare of Wood chips of choice.
- You need of Water for pan in smoker.
My version includes instructions for both dry pinto beans and. They use rib and smoked roast beef scraps instead of bacon and finely diced. Easy BBQ Baked Beans that are comforting, slightly sweet, mildly smoky, rich, meaty, and totally indulgent. Because the flavor of most store bought liquid smokes is, frankly, terrible.
Smoked bbq baked beans instructions
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
This is especially true when adding to something like baked beans. Rich and smoky-sweet, these baked beans have a sprinkle of bacon and a touch of molasses and brown sugar—they're the perfect side dish for Baked Beans, a Scrumptiously Sweet and Smoky Side. Beautiful, warm, lovely summer… it's definitely the season for grilling and BBQ-ing, and feasting. This recipe for Smoked Baked Beans will keep everyone fed and happy no matter how long the party goes. Sauté onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until tender.