Stir fried cauliflower. Cauliflower "Fried Rice" which replaces rice with cauliflower is my favorite low-carb side dish when I LOVE fried rice, and often make my own fried rice at home with brown rice like this Edamame Fried. This stir-fried cauliflower, or bong cai xao, is proof that a handful of ingredients – cauliflower, fish sauce, pepper, garlic, and cilantro – and a few minutes of your time can make for a stellar side dish. We are getting that ultra-hip today.
Add the oil, then the cauliflower and garlic. This roasted cauliflower stir-fry is actually a riff on a dish we used to order in restaurants all the time in Beijing. It was usually brought out to the table in a miniature wok with a candle underneath it to keep it. You can have Stir fried cauliflower using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir fried cauliflower
- Prepare of Main.
- You need 300 grams of cauliflower, cut into bite size.
- It’s 1 of small carrot, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, big, remove seed and sliced into thin shreds (please use glove).
- Prepare 1 of bean curd, small, sliced into bite size.
- You need of Other.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 100 ml of starch water (5ml starch flour mixed in 100ml water).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soya sauce.
This Easy Roasted Cauliflower Stir-fry is inspired by a dish that we order at many restaurants around Beijing. When we first arrived here, we immediately set to trying as many restaurants as we could. Photo: David Loftus. by Rachel Khoo. Place the cauliflower in a blender or food processor and pulse until it's the consistency of bread crumbs.
Stir fried cauliflower step by step
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan using low heat. Stir fry bean curd till browned..
- Add in cauliflower and carrot. Stir fry till cauliflower is well cooked using medium heat. Add in chilli and light soya sauce. Mixed well..
- Turn off the heat. Remove frying pan from stove. Add starch water. Mix well till cauliflower coated with gravy..
- Ready to serve with rice..
Top with reserved green onions and. Today, I want to introduce a quick and easy vegan stir fried cauliflower dish that creates a great texture, just like oven-roasted. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. During stir-frying, mix the sauce in a gentle manner, to avoid breaking the florets. Stir-fried cauliflower with tomato sauce is usually served warm, but its flavor gets more intense after it cools off.