Fried plantains with irish potatoes egg sauce. Welcome back to my channel, today's video is a food recipe i will show you how i cook my Delicious Spinach Sauce With Fried Plantains And Fried Irish Potato. YOU CAN TRY IT WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATOES OR ROASTED YAM,EVEN PLAIN RICE. TRY IT AND THANK ME LATER.
Irish potatoes can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For me, it all depends on the quantity served and what accompanies it. I fry and dry in serviettes because there is so much oil in them after frying. You can have Fried plantains with irish potatoes egg sauce using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried plantains with irish potatoes egg sauce
- It’s 2 of medium size ripe plantain.
- You need 3 of irish potatoes (diced).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corned beef (optional).
- Prepare of Curry, thyme, stock cubes, salt, pepper (to taste).
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
Another method I love is baking Irish potatoes in an oven. Fried ripe plantains can be found not only on tables throughout the Caribbean but in other parts of the world. Some people prepare it to accompany every meal while others make it accompany specific meals. For example, in the South American country of Guyana.
Fried plantains with irish potatoes egg sauce step by step
- Wash, peel, cut and fry your ripe plantain and set aside.
- Put the corned beef in a pan with half the onions and cook without water, stirring steadily to avoid burning.
- When the corned beef is heated up, season and add a little water (enough to cook the irish potatoes dry. If in doubt, add the water bit by bit).
- Add the chopped irish potatoes and cover the pot, allowing it to cook.
- When the potatoes are tender, and the water is dry.
- Move the sauce to one side of the pan and put two tablespoons of the vegetable oil you used for frying on the other side.
- Break the eggs, season it and add the other half of the diced onion.
- Turn the eggs into the pan and scramble for a minute or two, then, mix together with the sauce.
- Enjoy your meal! :).
Egg sauce is just one of the many egg recipes existing in Nigeria. Now that I think about it, I just realized that eggs are actually very common in Nigeria. This Sauce in Nigeria is usually served with yam as you can see below. That is why it's sometimes called yam sauce. Plantains, on the other hand, I can't get enough of.