Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork. Monitor hickory chips and liquid, adding more wood and water, respectively, as needed. When making pulled pork sandwiches, pork shoulder, also known as Boston Butt, is the ideal cut of meat. To make this Carolina pulled pork recipe, three things are needed.
The fat melts and the connective tissues turn into flavorful gelatin, which is. Barbecue has many interpretations or "styles" across the U. S. and we could argue all day about which one is the best. You can cook Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork
- You need 1 of (5-8 lb) bone in pork shoulder (Butt).
- You need as needed of Your favorite rub.
- It’s as needed of Prepared yellow mustard.
- It’s as needed of Hickory chips.
- Prepare as needed of Apple juice.
When I think of Carolina Style, pulled pork is the first thing that pops into my mind. Smoking a whole hog is an art form for these folks and they've been. Slow-cooker pulled pork is a great option for parties. Make your favorite summer sandwich a lot easier with Hickory Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork step by step
- Liberally coat your pork shoulder with your rub and then apply a liberal coat of yellow mustard. Put in refrigerator uncovered for at least 12 hours..
- Prepare smoker or grill. Soak hickory chips in hot water for at least 30 minutes. I like my smoker to be between 225-250 degrees..
- Smoke pork shoulder for 2-3 hours with a nice constant smoke. I usually will flip over once. I'm not trying to cook at this point, just smoke..
- When done smoking put pork shoulder in a large roasting pan. Add enough apple cider to come up around 1/2" along the side of your pan. This will become your sauce. Cover with a lid and cook at 225 degrees. This will take some time. For a 7-8 pound shoulder you can figure around 7 hours. I promise you it is worth your time..
- Pork shoulder will be done when you can easily pull out the bone. Refer to picture..
- When cool enough to handle, shred with two forks, your hands or a knife. Season the meat with your rub as you go. Use the sauce left in your pan to moisten the meat. Feeds a crowd. Freezes well. Have fun. Enjoy. Message me with any questions you might have..
Recommended Wood: Hickory or REC TEC blend of red oak, white oak and hickory. How to Smoke Pork Butt for Pulled Pork. Pulled pork – the feast of champions. The best tool at your disposal for cooking smoked pulled pork is a pellet smoker. With plenty of space, and easy and consistent temperature control, it's a worry-free experience and also enables optimal smoke flavor.