Smoked brisket. The claim to fame is a much debated topic. Take a look at all of the reality barbecue shows. They are filled with famous pit masters squaring off to win the honor of claiming the best smoked brisket recipe or making the best barbecued rack ribs in the world.
At the end of the day, smoked beef brisket is not about a recipe, it's a process you can only learn by practicing using a few key milestones while you smoke it. Use this guide to master your smoked brisket skills. Place the brisket in the smoker over indirect heat with the tip (thicker part of the meat) closest to the heat source. You can cook Smoked brisket using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked brisket
- You need 10 lb of brisket cut in half and fat trimmed slightly.
- Prepare of Mesquite and pecan wood chips for smoker.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 of dark chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow mustard for rub.
- It’s of Even mix of Apple cider vinegar & coconut rum.
After the brisket rests, remove it from the foil. Return the wrapped brisket to the smoker, seam side down so the weight from the brisket crimps the edges of the paper wrap down tight. Knowing the temp in your grill is crucial, so if your grill doesn't have a temperature gauge, purchase a digital BBQ thermometer. Place the brisket on a large baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.
Smoked brisket step by step
- Trim slightly the fat from brisket and cut in half. Rub mustard all over it then dry spices mix..
- Prep smoker and bring temp to 235. Smoke for 6 hrs adding mixture of chips and spray with solution every hour..
- Place directly on heated grill for 1/2 hr to caramelize, then wrap in tin foil and continue to grill for an another 1 hour at low heat..
- Then remove from heat and allow to rest as long as possible (minimum 1 hr) best if 2-3 hrs serve with bbq sauce!.
In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, brown sugar, pepper flakes, garlic powder and cumin. Let me show you how make a super tender smoked brisket with these easy to follow step-by-step directions. This Brisket is to die for! Delicious, juicy, moist, and as tender as it comes. Maintain this temp throughout entire time.