Carrot and walnut cake. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake.
Nigella's carrot cake with ginger and walnuts is a twist on the classic – not too much icing, not too sweet. Just right with a cup of tea. A carrot cake that is moist, but not oily. You can have Carrot and walnut cake using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 large of carrots, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts ( or peacan nuts ).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
The cream cheese frosting is delicious and does not form a crust. Stir in the eggs and the orange juice. Add the sifted dry ingredient, mix well. Finally, fold in the walnuts, raisins and carrots.
Carrot and walnut cake step by step
- Cream sugar and 4 egg yolks..
- Set aside the egg whites for later..
- Mix in the grated carrots..
- Beat in the flour alternating with the oil. Mix well..
- Mix in the cinnamon powder and the baking powder..
- Beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Fold into the cake mixture..
- Fold in chopped nuts..
- Pour into a greased round or square cake tin and bake in a moderate oven for about 50 minutes..
- Cool and ice with creamed cheese icing or dust with icing sugar..
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. The Walnut Carrot Cake recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! This is an delicious and easy to make cake. The secret ingredient in this cake is mayonnaise! It gives it such a great and tangy flavor.