Plantain,potatoes and egg frittata. Plantain and Egg frittata is a breakfast dish that so filling, easy to make and deliciously good. Try this recipe and you will be glad you did. This delicious Potato Frittata has sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced potato, and scallions for a flavorful savory breakfast dish.
Not a big fan of potatoes? In search of something different and truly tasty? Then look no further, these baked plantains and eggs should be right up your alley. You can cook Plantain,potatoes and egg frittata using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plantain,potatoes and egg frittata
- Prepare 10 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 of ripe plantain.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- You need 1 of Chopped onion.
- You need 2 of Chopped tomatoes.
- You need 3 of Blended scotch bonnet.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Ginger and garlic paste.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Seasonings.
No one will ever guess that this nutritious, mouthwatering breakfast frittata is lighter! This potato and egg frittata came to South America from Spain, where it is often cut into small wedges and served as tapas. Tortilla española, also known in Latin America as torta de papas, makes a great one-dish supper, thanks to simple ingredients that are often on. Plantain frittata is an omelet in which vegetables, plantains and sometimes meat are mixed into the eggs and cooked together.
Plantain,potatoes and egg frittata step by step
- Peel the plantain, potatoes and sliced.place oil in a pan and heat up,gently add the plantain and fry it until golden brown.Use thesame procedure to fry the potatoes.
- In another pan add two tablespoon of oil,add the Chopped onion and ginger and garlic paste,stir fry for 1 minutes,add in the Chopped tomatoes and stir fry..
- Add the minced meat and stir fry until brown in color,add in the seasonings,stir fry for about 2 minutes.turn off the cooker.
- In a large bowl,crack in all the eggs, add the minced meat mixture and whisk.
- In a non stick pan,brush the pan with oil, add the eggs then arrange the plantain and potatoes in a circular form..
- Place the pan in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove and check to make sure the egg is set in the middle,if not add 5 minutes then remove the pan and turn off the oven..
The mixture is then baked or slowly cooked on the stop till the omelet is set and cooked through. Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. Plantain and egg frittata is what I came up with this morning, this is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas. This plantain frittata is the ultimate plantain and egg breakfast recipe. Plantain Frittata, however, was not a popular West African breakfast while I was growing up.