Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki. Alu kumror chechki is a easy side dish recipe for your evening snacks or quick morning breakfast. It is a stir fried recipe with potato and pumpkin and traditional bengali spices. In Bengali the term 'Chechki' means vegetables which are shredded into sticks and stir fried.
Aloo Kumro Chechki is a simple dry preparation made with sweet pumpkin and potatoes with a dash of spices. The sweet 'n' savoury Bengali pumpkin curry can be served as a side dish with Rice or Indian bread. Pumpkin is an excellent source of beta-carotene, a. You can have Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki
- It’s 150 gm of pumpkin chopped.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes chopped.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3-4 of green chillies.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nigella.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fennel.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek.
In Bengali the term 'Chechki' means vegetables which are shredded into sticks and stir fried. Add the ginger paste and fry for a minute making sure to stir so it does not burn. Add the powdered spices, sugar and season to taste. You want the squash to cook yet hold its shape. "Kumro" in Bangla means pumpkin.
Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki instructions
- Peel the outer green portion of pumpkin and slice and chop into sticks.Smear little salt and set aside.Similarly peel the potato and slice into sticks.Chop the onion.Heat oil in a pan and sprinkle kalonji (nigella),sauf (fennel) and methi(fenugreek)seeds.Now fry the chopped onion lightly.Add the chopped potato and little salt and fry in low flame.When the potato is half done,add the chopped pumpkin and toss.Add salt and sugar to taste.Add turmeric,red chilli powder and broken green chillies..
- Cover and let it cook on low flame.If needed a sprinkling of little water may be added or microwave 2 minutes,toss and microwave 1 minute.Serve with any Indian puffed or flat bread..
And "Chechki" is what a Bengali would refer to, when a vegetable or an edible veggie skin or peel, has been slow fried and cooked with nothing but tempered seeds and salt, and often turmeric powder. A simple stir fry with pumpkin zested with panch phoron and spiced up with red chilly powder. Just makes an awesome side enjoy with rice dal or Roti. In the remaining oil add zeera, once the zeera starts popping up and the aroma starts coming add the fried potatoes, pumkin and tomato. Mix well and put the lid on.