Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF.
You can have Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF
- It’s 1 1/3 cups of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar, I used 7/8 cup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of grated zest of one orange.
- It’s 1 cup of natural shelled pistachios, salted or not.
- You need 1 of large egg lightly beaten with one tsp of water for egg wash.
Orange Pistachio Biscotti FUSF instructions
- Soak cranberries in boiling hot water to cover until softened for 10 minutes. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels..
- Preheat the oven to 325. Butter and flour a large baking sheet. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and orange zest in a large bowl using an electric mixer..
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat just until a dough forms. It takes awhile..
- Add cranberries and pistachios and mix at a low speed..
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead several times. Halve the dough, then form each half into a 13 x 2 inch slightly flattened log and space them 3 inches apart. Brush the logs all over with egg wash..
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool the logs on the baking sheet for ten minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice diagonally with a bread knife into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange the slices cut sides down in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet, a jelly roll pan works well..
- Bake in the middle of the oven turning once after 10 minutes, until golden and crisp, 20-25 minutes..